American Sign Museum | 1330 Monmouth Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45225. 513-541-6366
- Permanent collection
Behringer-Crawford Museum | 1600 Montague Rd., Covington, KY 41011. 859-491-4003
- Thru Aug. 31. “Culture Bites: Northern Kentucky’s Food Traditions,” cuisines from different countries and ethnic backgrounds
Betts House | 416 Clark St., Cincinnati, OH 45203. 513-651-0734
- Permanent exhibit. “History at Home: The Story of the Betts Family, the West End and Cincinnati”
- Thru June 30. “A Day in the Life: As the Betts Family Lived in the Mid-19th Century”
The Carnegie | 1028 Scott Blvd., Covington, KY 41011. 859-491-2030
- Check website for future exhibits.
The Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45236. 513-487-3055
- Thru June 9. “Anne Frank: A History for Today,” the life history of Anne Frank and her family
Cincinnati Museum Center | 1301 Western Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45203. 513-287-7000
- June 18, July 16, Oct. 7, Nov. 11, 11 a.m.-noon. “Banfield Pet Academy,” hands-on exposure for children to learn about veterinary medicine
- May 25-Oct. 1. “Star Wars and the Power of Costume”
- Opens Aug. 25. “Shakespeare and the Queen City,” with original First Folio, first published collection of William Shakespeare’s works
Heritage Village Museum | 11450 Lebanon Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45241. 513-563-9484
- Thru Dec. 1. “Exiled: Ohio’s Indian Removal,” about the legal, organized and sometimes violent removal of Ohio’s native people. Collaborative project with students at Xavier University
- Thru July 30. “First Ladies of Fashion,” replicas of gowns worn by former first ladies
Krohn Conservatory | Eden Park. 421-4086.
- Thru June 18. “The Majestic Monarch Butterfly Show”
Lloyd Library and Museum | 917 Plum St., Cincinnati OH 45202. 513-721-3707
- Permanent exhibit. George Rieveschl Jr.: History of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Milford Historical Society | 906 Main St, Milford, OH 45150. 513-248-0324
- Permanent exhibit. Historical displays of art, furniture, china, books, textiles, antique band instruments, fans, buttons, hats, photographs, historical documents, and more
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center | 50 E. Freedom Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-333-7500.
- Current exhibit. “The Rosa Parks Experience”
- Current exhibit. “Open Your Mind: Understanding Implicit Bias”
- Thru Aug. 20. “Nelson Mandela: The Journey to Ubuntu”
Public Library of Cincinnati| 800 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-369-6900.
- Thru June 4. “Éirinn go Bràch: A Tribute to Cincinnati’s Irish Heritage”
Skirball Museum | Hebrew Union College, 3101 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. 513-221-1875.
- Current exhibit. “An Eternal People: The Jewish Experience”
- Current exhibit. “Ten Treasures of the B’nai B’rith Klutznick Collection,” 1500 works of antique and modern Judaica, as well as 20th century paintings
- Current exhibit. “Eighteen Tiny Treasures from the B’nai B’rith Klutznick Collection”
- July 20-Oct. 15. “Chasing Dreams: Baseball & Becoming American,” photos, labels, and interactives explore role baseball has played in identity of Jews and other minority communities.
Send calendar items in the above format to “editor (at) moversmakers.org” with CALENDAR LISTING in the subject line.