American Sign Museum | 1330 Monmouth Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45225. 513-541-6366
- Permanent collection
Behringer-Crawford Museum | 1600 Montague Rd., Covington, KY 41011. 859-491-4003
- Thru Oct. 1. “Korea: The Forgotten War,” recorded interviews, diaries, photographs and artifacts of veterans from Northern Kentucky and Ohio played and their impact on the Korean War.
Betts House | 416 Clark St., Cincinnati, OH 45203. 513-651-0734
- Permanent exhibit. “History at Home: The Story of the Betts Family, the West End and Cincinnati”
The Carnegie | 1028 Scott Blvd., Covington, KY 41011. 859-491-2030
- Check website for future exhibits.
The Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45236. 513-487-3055
- Check website for future events.
Cincinnati Museum Center | 1301 Western Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45203. 513-287-7000
- Thru Oct. 1. “Star Wars and the Power of Costume”
- Thru Oct. 1. “Kenner and the Building of an Empire,” over 150 “Star Wars” toys produced by Kenner Products
- Thru Oct. 29. “Shakespeare and the Queen City,” with original First Folio, first published collection of William Shakespeare’s works
- Oct. 7, Nov. 11, 11 a.m.-noon. “Banfield Pet Academy,” hands-on exposure for children to learn about veterinary medicine
- Oct. 7-8. Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire
- Opens Nov. 10. “Holiday Junction 2017,” featuring Brickopolis, 1,800 square feet of custom LEGO creations
Heritage Village Museum | 11450 Lebanon Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45241. 513-563-9484
- Thru Dec. 1. “Exiled: Ohio’s Indian Removal,” about the legal, organized and sometimes violent of Ohio’s native people. Collaborative project with undergraduate and graduate students at Xavier University
Krohn Conservatory | Eden Park, Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-421-4086.
- Thru Oct. 29. “Grass Roots: A Garden of Art and Innovation”
- Nov. 18-Jan. 7. “The Cincinnati Choo Choo”
Lloyd Library and Museum | 917 Plum St., Cincinnati OH 45202. 513-721-3707
- Permanent exhibit. George Rieveschl Jr.: History of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Mercantile Library | 414 Walnut St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-621-0717.
- Thru March 2018. “The Niehoff Prehistoric Pottery Collection,” in conjunction with Cincinnati Museum Center
Milford Historical Society | 906 Main St, Milford, OH 45150. 513-248-0324
- Permanent exhibit. Historical displays of art, furniture, china, books, textiles, antique band instruments, fans, buttons, hats, photographs, historical documents, and more
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center | 50 E. Freedom Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-333-7500.
- Opening Nov. 4. “The Kinsey Collection,” artifacts, documents and artwork spanning 400 years of African American history
Public Library of Cincinnati| 800 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-369-6900.
- Thru Nov. 13. “Besa: A Code of Honor,” partnership with Cincinnati Holocaust and Humanity Center, Islamic Center, Jewish Federation, Yad Vashem and American Society of Yad Vashem
Skirball Museum | Hebrew Union College, 3101 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. 513-221-1875.
- Current exhibit. “An Eternal People: The Jewish Experience”
- Current exhibit. “Ten Treasures of the B’nai B’rith Klutznick Collection,” 1500 works of antique and modern Judaica, as well as 20th century paintings
- Current exhibit. “Eighteen Tiny Treasures from the B’nai B’rith Klutznick Collection”
- Thru Oct. 15. “Chasing Dreams: Baseball & Becoming American,” photos, labels, and interactives explore role baseball has played in identity of Jews and other minority communities.
Send calendar items in the above format to “editor (at) moversmakers.org” with CALENDAR LISTING in the subject line.