Macy’s Arts Sampler presented by ArtsWave returns Feb. 27 and 28, celebrating the 30th year connecting Greater Cincinnati residents with arts opportunities in the region.
The Arts Sampler is part of events during the annual ArtsWave Community Campaign.
Fundraising goal for the campaign will be announced in February by co-chairs Jill Meyer, president and CEO of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, and concert pianist Awadagin Pratt.
The Arts Sampler program includes more than 100 events, activities and performances at more than 30 venues in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. All events are free and open to the public.
“Macy’s Arts Sampler gives everyone a chance to discover the wide variety of arts across our region,” said Alecia Kintner, president and CEO of ArtsWave.
Highlights of the 30th Macy’s Arts Sampler weekend include:
- Joint concert of the Cincinnati Symphony, Cincinnati Opera, May Festival Chorus, Cincinnati Ballet and others, presented by Dewey’s Pizza
- A creative writing workshop for all ages at the Cincinnati Public Library
- Performances from Cincinnati Boychoir, Queen City Chamber Opera and others at the MY Cincinnati Firehouse in Price Hill
- A craft workshop at the Taft Museum of Art
- Hands-on art-making for the family at Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Madcap Puppet performances at the Cincinnati Art Museum
- Family drama workshops at Music Hall, led by Playhouse in the Park
- Musical performances, hands-on arts activities and more at Music Hall