Friday, May 6, 5-7 p.m.; Cincinnati Museum Center
Eight individuals and two agencies will be honored at the Annual Awards Reception hosted by the National Association of Social Workers Region 6. The event recognizes outstanding social workers and community leaders who reflect the values of the profession.
- Public Citizen of the Year: Maj. Charmaine McGuffey of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department
- Public Official of the Year: Cincinnati Council member Wendell Young
- Emerging Leader of the Year: Angela P. King, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Master of Social Work Student of the Year: Lauren Stoll, University of Cincinnati
- Bachelor of Social Work Student of the Year: Jai’la Nored, Xavier University
- Agency of the Year (large): Cincinnati Union Bethel
- Agency of the Year (small): Center for Closing the Health Gap in Greater Cincinnati
- Social Worker of the Year: Crystal E. Bossard, retired Cincinnati State faculty member,
- and Anzora Adkins, president of the Evanston Community Council
- Lifetime Achievement : Jean Sepate, retired CEO of Lighthouse Youth Services
These regional winners also will be nominated for statewide awards given in the fall. Region 6 includes more than 700 social workers in 11 counties. NASW Ohio has more than 4,500 members.