Leadership Council for Nonprofits has selected the sixth cohort for its Board Orientation + Leadership Development program. The BOLD 6 class of 33 individuals was selected on the heels of the recent graduation of 39 as part of BOLD 5.
“The individuals who want to make a difference in our community have a loud heartbeat and can’t go unnoticed,” said BOLD program director Jack FitzGerald. FitzGerald pointed to the BOLD Podcast, a platform for alumni to share lessons from their board experiences, as a way for the community to listen to the stories coming from BOLD.
Beth Hartman, vice president of Fifth Third Bank, was recently interviewed for the podcast and shared her impression of the BOLD program. “BOLD is the program for anyone who wants to serve the community.” Over the next eight weeks, participants will receive one-on-one mentorship with a BOLD alumnus, observe nonprofit board meetings, write a reflection letter to their current or future board, and receive instruction from local executive directors and nonprofit consultants.
The BOLD 6 class
- Melanie Bauer, Michelman Inc.
- Anne Brown Miller, Gold Leaf Marketing Communications
- Terri Burke, Retired (Alzheimer’s Association of Kentucky)
- Theresa Cappel, Messer Construction Co.
- Daronce Daniels, The Heights Movement
- Mark Gillotti, Career Transition Institute
- Greg Goertemoeller, Messer Construction Co.
- Anna Greve, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
- Margaret Johnson, Keating Muething & Klekamp, PLL
- Stephanie Jones, Fifth Third Bank
- Kanako Kashima, Rhizome, LLC
- Natalie Leonhard, A Voice for the Innocent
- Julie Nesbitt, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Collin Ryan, Keating Muething & Klekamp, PLL
- Jennifer Shaifer, ish & Wave Pool
- Neil Thompson, Vibrant Assisted Living LLC
- Michael Wilson, Oracle
- Kristie Davis, Linden Grove School
- Peg Dierkers, Bethany House Services
- Theresa Diersen, St. Francis Seraph Ministries
- Curtis Eaton, Ohio State Legal Services Association
- Avery Forsythe, Special Olympics Hamilton County
- Bruce Hager, Public Life Foundation of Owensboro
- Adelyn Hall, Community Learning Center Institute
- Rhonda Horick, Spina Bifida Coalition of Cincinnati
- Samuel Mangold-Lenett, The Melissa Mangold & Mike Lenett Foundation
- Laura Mueller, James J. and Joan A. Gardner Family Foundation
- Heather Nester, University of Cincinnati Foundation (Office of Research)
- Megyn Norbut, Q-Kidz Dance Team
- Rebecca Olson, University of Cincinnati Foundation (Office of Research)
- Michael Truitt, FreeStore FoodBank, Inc.
- Jeff Walton, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Keri Young, James J. and Joan A. Gardner Family Foundation