American Sign Museum | 1330 Monmouth Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45225. 513-541-6366
- Permanent collection
Behringer-Crawford Museum | 1600 Montague Rd., Covington, KY 41011. 859-491-4003
- Thru Oct. 1. “Korea: The Forgotten War,” recorded interviews, diaries, photographs and artifacts of veterans from Northern Kentucky and Ohio played and their impact on the Korean War.
Betts House | 416 Clark St., Cincinnati, OH 45203. 513-651-0734
- Permanent exhibit. “History at Home: The Story of the Betts Family, the West End and Cincinnati”
The Carnegie | 1028 Scott Blvd., Covington, KY 41011. 859-491-2030
- Check website for future exhibits.
The Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45236. 513-487-3055
- Check website for future events.
Cincinnati Museum Center | 1301 Western Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45203. 513-287-7000
- Thru Oct. 1. “Star Wars and the Power of Costume”
- Thru Oct. 1. “Kenner and the Building of an Empire,” over 150 “Star Wars” toys produced by Kenner Products
- Oct. 7, Nov. 11, 11 a.m.-noon. “Banfield Pet Academy,” hands-on exposure for children to learn about veterinary medicine
- Opens Aug. 25. “Shakespeare and the Queen City,” with original First Folio, first published collection of William Shakespeare’s works
- Oct. 7-8. Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire
- Opens Nov. 10. “Holiday Junction 2017,” featuring Brickopolis, 1,800 square feet of custom LEGO creations
Heritage Village Museum | 11450 Lebanon Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45241. 513-563-9484
- Thru Dec. 1. “Exiled: Ohio’s Indian Removal,” about the legal, organized and sometimes violent of Ohio’s native people. Collaborative project with undergraduate and graduate students at Xavier University
Krohn Conservatory | Eden Park, Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-421-4086.
- Thru Aug. 27. “Petals and Pedals: Take a Ride on the Flower Side”
- Sept. 9-Oct. 29. “Grass Roots: A Garden of Art and Innovation”
- Nov. 18-Jan. 7. “The Cincinnati Choo Choo”
Lloyd Library and Museum | 917 Plum St., Cincinnati OH 45202. 513-721-3707
- Permanent exhibit. George Rieveschl Jr.: History of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Mercantile Library | 414 Walnut St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-621-0717 or email@example.com
- Thursday, Aug. 17, 5 p.m. The Niehoff Prehistoric Pottery Collection Opening Reception. Dr. Bob Genheimer, curator of archaeology at Cincinnati Museum Center, discusses the Prehistoric Pottery Exhibit and new catalog on display in the Reading Room through March 2018. Hosted by Patti and Buck Niehoff, and Nick Niehoff. Free, but reservations requested.
Milford Historical Society | 906 Main St, Milford, OH 45150. 513-248-0324
- Permanent exhibit. Historical displays of art, furniture, china, books, textiles, antique band instruments, fans, buttons, hats, photographs, historical documents, and more
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center | 50 E. Freedom Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-333-7500.
- Current exhibit. “Stories of Survival: Finding Refuge in Cincinnati”
- Thru Aug. 20. “Nelson Mandela: The Journey to Ubuntu”
Public Library of Cincinnati| 800 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. 513-369-6900.
- Sept. 5-Nov. 13. “Besa: A Code of Honor,” partnership with Cincinnati Holocaust and Humanity Center, Islamic Center, Jewish Federation, Yad Vashem and American Society of Yad Vashem
Skirball Museum | Hebrew Union College, 3101 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220. 513-221-1875.
- Current exhibit. “An Eternal People: The Jewish Experience”
- Current exhibit. “Ten Treasures of the B’nai B’rith Klutznick Collection,” 1500 works of antique and modern Judaica, as well as 20th century paintings
- Current exhibit. “Eighteen Tiny Treasures from the B’nai B’rith Klutznick Collection”
- Thru Oct. 22. “Chasing Dreams: Baseball & Becoming American,” photos, labels, and interactives explore role baseball has played in identity of Jews and other minority communities.
Send calendar items in the above format to “editor (at) moversmakers.org” with CALENDAR LISTING in the subject line.